The online symposium on Chaidez v. United States continues today with contributions by Christopher N. Lasch, Craig Siegel, and Carlos M. García. On Monday, the symposium will feature several analyses of today’s oral arguments. Here’s the complete list of contributions so far:
- Christopher N. Lasch, Chaidez and the Crumbling Foundations of the Teague Rule (November 1, 2012)
- Craig Siegel, Padilla is Not a New Rule Because Defense Attorneys Have Long Known to Consider Immigration Consequences (November 1, 2012)
- Carlos M. García, The Trials of Padilla (November 1, 2012)
- Yolanda Vázquez, Only Defense Attorneys Can Raise the Competency Bar (October 31, 2012)
- Neil I. Fleischer, Retroactivity Means Relief from Incompetent Counsel (October 31, 2012)
- Maurice Hew, Jr., Chaidez-Padilla Retroactivity is Needed (October 31, 2012)
For more information about the symposium participants, visit the symposium introduction here.